So, here's the story of the quilts. I found material that exactly matched the crap I got from the Pottery Barn. I cut out two quilts and sewed the first quilt top together, including the applique of Konrad's name. Then I made the ruffle. No biggie, right? Wrong. My Singer, that I have had for 10 years bit the stinkin' dust. Seriously bit the dust. That is where Ken comes in. Ken is an old guy that runs Jiffy Sewing Repair. He took my maching for two weeks, charged me $200 to fix it and gave me some advice to keep my machine in good repair. That advice: Service it more than zero times in 10 years. Ken said I could spend the same amount of $$ and get a new machine, but he told me that I have one of the best machines made (not a Bernina, of course) and that the new fancy ones would las me two years. So I decided to repair it and hopefully it will last forever. Anyhowzit, I have a baby coming and had a complete meltdown about the quilts. There was no way in the world I would get them done. That is where my Saint for a Mother saved my arse. I sent her the quilts in pieces and she not only finished them but tied them and added a few pieces to them. They turned out so beautiful! Thanks Mom!!
I also wanted to put up some pics of the fam in our new place. I am so bored of gigantic wedding pics and boring blah blah art that I had to come up with something a little different. These are 16'x20' canvasses. I think they turned out pretty cool. I did the pics in CS2 then just painted the rest and used some old scraps that I had. I am working on one of Buddy right now.