Sunday, August 10, 2008

Get 'im!!!





"Get 'im..." This is what I said to Jessica about 100 yards from the finish. "Get 'im". He was one of those guys that we had kinda been going back and forth with the whole half marathon. The last little bit was downhill and I figured "What would make me more happy right now than passing this guy in the striped shorts??" (pronounced strip-ed). So, we got 'im.


We ran the Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon on Aug. 9. It was AWESOME!! At mile 10 I said to Jessica that we should be coming up on mile ten, when she told me that we had passed it a few minutes ago. That is good news, always.


Jessica Checketts, her brother Joseph and I all met up at 5:30 AM and drove up to Georgetown Lake for the run. First off, people are hilarious. I really wish I had the confidence needed to wear a running skirt. No, I just don't care enough, especially at such early hours.


Then we waited in line for 30 minutes to use the potties (ick). Then we had about 15 minutes before the race started when we realized that we needed to use the potty again. Thankfully and mercifully, we looped back by the potties right after mile two. And we are sure glad we did.


It was a fun run and I am sure we will do it again!!!

2 comments:

Artsy Aut said...

Way to go! Hey are you coming to run with me? I should really get training.

***LIZ*** said...

Good job! I am training for a half maration after this baby comes out! Oh my goodness, I am so glad you got 'im, poor guy though, who let him out of the house in those awful shorts, YUCK!