Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Adios, Estelle! You will be missed...



It is a sad day at the Kleinman house. Mrs. Estelle Getty has passed away. You may know this gem of an actress from my personal favorite TV show, "The Golden Girls". She played Sophia, Dorothy's mom. I grew up watching TGG, right after Designing Women, starring none other than my second favorite, Delta Burke. Estelle was hilarious! I think that her character on TGG was the funniest character ever, except for maybe Bill on "Freaks and Geeks" (that is going to be a hard one to beat. If you have time, watch Bill on YouTube eating a grilled cheese sandwich while watching Dallas. Make time, you can thank me later:)


Estelle, till we meet again!!

1 comment:

Mer said...

Hey Emily!
I happened to stumble upon your blog via Brad and Autumn's blog. You are too funny, love your blog. Hey guess what? Your mom is now my mom's visiting teacher. My mom was all excited and I overheard them talking about menopause. Ha,ha,ha, it made me laugh. Well, you'll have to check our blog out (thelamfam.blogspot.com). It's set to private so you'll have to email me your email address (the email address you use to log into blogger). You can email it to: merduslam(at)gmail(dot)com
I hope to hear from you soon!
PS We loved Estelle too, and (BTW) your little boy is adorable!