Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sick But Never Bored




The boys have been sick this week. Runny noses, projectile vomiting, diarrhea... all synonyms for FUN. All the while, I am feeling pretty good. So good, in fact, that I finished 3 projects this week! Three!! Here comes a list(icle).



1. I have been commissioned by a friend to make a purse for said friend's friend's Birthday. I am seriously considering keeping it for my own self. We will see.... I didn't have enough fabric so I had to improvise, but I actually think it turned out awesome. I did, however, forget to put a magnetic closure in it before I stitched it up, so I will have to improvise something else. You know, I have learned that sewing is all about improvising. I am getting good at winging it!

2. I finished Julie's wedding quilt. This one I am super excited about. It looks amazing. I really want to post pix but I know she lurks my blog, so you all will have to wait till May to see pix.


3. Hats for Rodney and Konrad. These hats turned out so cute! I made them a little big so they can wear them next winter. I have high hopes that Spring is here and we will not have ANY more snow, so they will have to wear their hats next year. I won't hold my breath.


Also, today is Rodney's six month Birthday, so I made cupcakes and we danced to the Beatles Birthday song, as is tradition in our house. Unfortunately, Rodney is sick and we could not coax a smile out of him, but I know he was happy eating chocolate frosting. I mean, who wouldn't be? Konrad also had some fun helping me make the cupcakes.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Sick kids isn't the worst thing in the world, as long as they are lethargic enough to lay in front of the TV all day so you can be productive. Otherwise it just sucks. Sooo I really want to do Ragnar DC BUT I have to figure out some small details... you know like getting someone to watch my kids (Jared won't let me do another one without him) AND finding 10 other people to run. But if you are really interested let me know and I will put you on my list... it's pretty short so far. Just incase in case I can pull it all together.

Shelley said...

Girl, you are good at sewing such cute things!!

Cam and Chelle said...

Cute kids! I have that same fabric... just waiting for some inspiration to use it up! Love the purse, love the link you sent me!! xoxo